The Urban Research and Education Knowledge Alliance (U!REKA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Odessa National Economic University (ONEU). The agreement outlines the network’s commitment to offer peer support to ONEU, as part of wider European efforts focusing on long-term recovery measures.
U!REKA, a network of seven universities of applied sciences in Europe, has collaborated across borders with each other since 2016 and amassed considerable experience in peer-to-peer knowledge sharing. The alliance will work together with ONEU, one of Odesa’s leading universities, to set up a range of collaborative projects, focusing primarily on virtual international collaboration.
In the coming weeks U!REKA partners and ONEU will discuss how to build on the initial plans set out in the MoU, which include:
- Enabling the (virtual) exchange of students and staff between ONEU and the wider U!REKA network;
- Setting up joint research activities including publications and projects;
- Exchanging information around supporting teachers; virtual exchange and research;
- Participating in and contributing to joint academic meetings; and
- Investigating additional areas of collaboration between the ONEU and the wider U!REKA network.