The German-Ukrainian Academic Society (Die Deutsch-Ukrainische Akademische Gesellschaft e.V.) was founded in 2016 Berlin, Germany, as a non-profit organisation.
Our key goals:
FOSTER academic cooperation with Ukraine
IMPROVE knowledge about Ukraine abroad and vice versa
INCREASE visibility of Ukrainian scientists and their achievements
SUPPORT career development of our members and early-career researchers in Ukraine
SUPPORT reforms in Ukrainian science
The German-Ukrainian Academic Society supports The UKRAINE Network (The UKRainian Academic International NEtwork) in and from Germany. The UKRAINE Network (UKRAINET) is a professional community, open to researchers from any field — irrespective of nationality and country of residence — interested in fostering international academic cooperation with Ukraine. It was launched in Berlin (Germany) in January 2016 at the first Networking event. Co-initiators of The UKRAINE Network are Dr Oksana Seumenicht (MDC, Berlin) and Professor Olga Garaschuk (Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen).
The activities of the Society are carried out by its members individually and within Working groups. In addition, there are some active local communities in Germany and worldwide — see our Regional groups and local contact points. If you are interested to contribute to or initiate new activities – do get in touch!
For more information (download):
- Overview presentation & Report (September 2021)
- Report (September 2020)
- Report (September 2019)
- Report (October 2018)
- Report (October 2017)
Subscribe to our Newsletter and join our 600+ strong UKRAINET LinkedIn Group or the LinkedIn Group “Ukrainian researchers in Nordic countries“!
OTHER RELEVANT ACTIVITIES, SUBJECT-SPECIFIC COMMUNITIES and ORGANISATIONS
- The Shevchenko Scientific Society in the USA (Наукове Товариство ім. Шевчeнка в Америці) is a Ukrainian-American scholarly institution incorporated in 1948 in the state of New York.
- The Ukrainian Institute London is a centre for Ukraine-related educational and cultural activities. It is a charity registered in England and Wales.
- LIA IDEATE: Franco-Ukrainian cooperation aimed at R&D and optimization of innovative technologies for the experiments at the particle accelerators and development of accelerator techniques
- Ukrainian Mathematical Community