Success of any higher education or research undertaking, be it a design of a new degree program, a collaborative research project or setting up a technology transfer activities significantly depends on a whole multitude of support roles, which could be generically referred to as ‘research managers’. In the recent years a number of dedicated capacity building programs and projects were established in order to provide advanced training opportunities to the research management staff of Ukrainian universities and research institutes, offering them the necessary knowledge, developing their practical skills and expanding their professional networks.
We have also summarized some useful information materials and links relevant to different areas of research management.
Below you can find summarized information on some of these projects:
- 2020-2023: BIONANOSENS, led by The Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics (IMBG) of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, funded by the EU/ Horizon 2020
- 2020-2021: Training Course “Management of Internationalisation and German-Ukrainian Academic Cooperation 2020-2021”, led by the Leibniz University Hannover (LUH), funded by the DAAD (Germany)
- 2020-2021: Training for Higher Education Administrators in Ukraine (THEA Ukraine), led by the FH Münster University of Applied Sciences, funded by the DAAD (Germany)
- 2019-2022: Pan-European twinning to re-establish world-level Neuroscience Centre in Kiev (NEUROTWIN), led by the O.O. Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (BIPH), funded by the EU/ Horizon 2020 (project web-page)
- 2017-2020: Structuring cooperation in doctoral research, transferrable skills training, and academic writing instruction in Ukraine’s regions, coordinated by the VILNIAUS UNIVERSITETAS, funded through the EU/ ERASMUS+ (project web-page)
- 2016-2019: Ukraine Higher Education Leadership Development Programme, led by Institute of Higher Education of the National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine, funded by the British Council (UK) (impact report)