Skip to content
- Austrian Academy of Sciences established focus as part of the OeAW exchange program “Joint Excellence in Science and Humanities” (JESH program, total fund ca. 270’000€ for 25 fellowships in total), it invites colleagues from Ukraine to Austria, in order to be able to continue their work here at the research facilities of the OeAW and other institutions. The JESH program provides fellowships up to 4 month for scientists with a PhD (2700€/month flatrate) with a possibility of extension. All sciences are eligible. Hosts can be all institutes and departments at Austrian public universities and at the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
- Austrian Universities for Refugees: Unikino launches an initiative More – . Young people who lose access to education due to war and flight are in danger of growing up into a lost generation. The potential of these people, their knowledge and their talents are also an added value for the universities and for the society that welcomes these people. Unikino: Overview of what the universities have to offer for applicants with a refugee background.
- FWF Austrian Science Fund is taking the following steps to support Ukrainian researchers: Extensions for projects involving Ukrainian researchers can be expedited, Reviews of new grant applications from and with Ukrainian researchers affected by the war will be fast-tracked, Longer-term measures to support Ukrainian researchers will be discussed with Austrian universities and research institutions. In response to the belligerent actions of the Russian Federation, the FWF will, for the time being, refrain from authorising new funding for research projects with Russian participation and suspend bilateral cooperation with the Russian Science Foundation RSF. Extensions for projects involving Ukrainian researchers can be expedited. Reviews of new grant applications from and with Ukrainian researchers affected by the war will be fast-tracked. Longer-term measures to support Ukrainian researchers will be discussed with Austrian universities and research institutions.
- Research Institute of Molecular Pathology (IMP): 5 positions for Ukrainian refugees in IMP research groups or service facilities for up to 1 year. Contact: Tanja Winkler email@example.com
- Ukraine Solidarity Initiatives – If you wish to discuss a named scholarship opportunity as part of this fund, please contact Trisha Tanner: firstname.lastname@example.org