Recent relevant news related to open calls for proposals for research grants, fellowships and training, already awarded grants, etc. can be found on our web-page here.
- “Funding Opportunities for Ukrainian-German Cooperation“, Online Conference “Higher Education Management – Selected Topics”, 9-10 December, 2020, Alumni Network Ukraine-Germany, U. Wuerzburg, Dr. Oksana Seumenicht, DUAG/ UKRAINET
- (in German) “Hochschulmarkt Ukraine”, DAAD Netzwerkkonferenz digital 2020, Dr. Gisella Zimmermann, DAAD
- “Funding opportunities to support academic mobility of early-career researchers”, MoI Ukraine Training Course, September 2020, Dr. Oksana Seumenicht, DUAG/ UKRAINET
Selected presentations from the BESTPRAC-EARMA Virtual Meeting (November 25-26, 2020):
- Getting Ready for Horizon Europe, Dr. Seán McCarthy, Hyperion Ltd.
- Widening and ERA in Horizon Europe, Stijn Delauré and Stefan Weiers, European Commission, DG RTD
- Examples of the organisation of research funding/ support offices:
Presentations from the session “Funding Opportunities for German-Ukrainian and International Cooperation“ of the German-Ukrainian Forum of Young Researchers (Kyiv, 2017) are available in the event report here
Reports, Publications & Other Useful Resources
- Secrets to writing a winning grant, by Emily Sohn,
- BILAT-USA 4.0: Report on US Funding Opportunities for European Researchers
- Terminology MediaWiki for researchers, research managers and administrators, where EU and US terminology of funding mechanisms and grants management at both sides of the Atlantic have been juxtaposed to better understand each other, the global funding landscape and to fully exploit transatlantic funding opportunities
- Chapter 9: Getting Funded (pp. 153-174), from the book Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty, Burroughs Wellcome Fund and HHMI (USA), 2nd edition, 2016. This book is available for free as a downloadable PDF document(s)
- “Art of grantsmanship“, by Jack Kraicer, former Director of Research Grants at HFSP, 1997