PhD THESIS PRESENTATION CONTEST 2020: due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic this year’s Contest has been cancelled.
Thousands of students from Ukraine study and receive research training abroad. At the same time, the overall visibility of this talented next generation of scientists remains rather under-appreciated, both abroad and in Ukraine. There are also many PhD students who work on joint bi-lateral or international collaborative projects, or carry out research on topics related to Ukraine – e.g. its history, language, ecology, etc. Our PhD Thesis Presentation Contest aims to promote these young scientists and in doing so contribute to increasing the visibility of Ukrainian PhD students abroad and raising the profile of the international academic collaboration with Ukraine.
We invite applications from PhD/MD students carrying out their research in any subject, from one or more following groups:
- Ukrainian PhD students carrying out their research outside of Ukraine (incl. exchange PhD students);
- PhD students, regardless of nationality, who are involved in a collaborative (e.g. German-Ukrainian or multi-lateral, including Ukraine) research project;
- PhD students, regardless of nationality, whose topic of research relates to Ukraine.
Please note: only those PhD students whose PhD defence/viva is planned after the PhD Contest Final date (11 September 2020) can be considered (i.e. candidates who have already defended or are expected to defend their PhD thesis prior to the PhD Contest Final are not eligible to apply). If you have questions or any doubts about your eligibility, please contact us at info (at) ukrainet.eu.
Successful candidates are invited to present their research as a 5-minute talk at the Final event on stage, and get a chance to win one of the three prizes (1st place: EUR 300, 2nd place: EUR 200, 3rd place: EUR 100) as well as add an extra credential to their CVs. The travel (up to 200 EUR) and stay in Tübingen (up to 2 nights) is funded by the Society. For more information please read carefully the FAQs.
- 2019: Nomad Bioscience GmbH and the Embassy of Ukraine in Germany
- 2018: Nomad Bioscience GmbH and the Embassy of Ukraine in Germany
- 2017: Nomad Bioscience GmbH, Global Business Management (Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Universität Augsburg) and the Embassy of Ukraine in Germany
- 2016: Nomad Bioscience GmbH and the Embassy of Ukraine in Germany