This VolkswagenStiftung funding call is open for open-topic summer schools on “Challenges and Potentials for Europe”. The call targets scholars in the humanities, social and cultural sciences, as these fields are often still missing in research on ageing. Where appropriate, interdisciplinary co-operations with partners from the life, data, technological and natural sciences are appreciated.
There are 3 deadlines per year for summer school applications, the next one is on 17 November.
Budget: up to 80,000 EUR.
Funding is available for summer schools that aim to equip selected young academics (particularly doctoral candidates but also post-doctoral researchers) with new insights and knowledge on the broad field of “Challenges for Europe”. Interdisciplinary approaches are appreciated.
- The main applicant has to be affiliated with a German university or research institution.
- Participants from at least 3 different European countries should be involved.
- The summer school itself can take place in Germany or in another European country.
- The number of participants should not exceed 60 persons, including the speakers; depending on the theme, a smaller number may sometimes be advisable.
- A summer school can last anything between 4 days and 2 weeks.
- Applications have to be submitted at least 6 months prior to the event date.