Ukraine launched the BRAVE1 defence tech cluster, a unified platform for cooperation between defence tech companies, the state and the military, as well as investors, volunteer foundations, and media, reports the press service of the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine. BRAVE1 is a cluster for the development of Defence Tech in Ukraine, established by the Ministry of Digital Transformation, the Ministry of Defence, the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the National Security and Defence Council, the Ministry of Strategic Industries, and the Ministry of Economy.
The Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine pointed out that hundreds of Ukrainian defence tech companies are developing technological solutions that strengthen the country’s defence capabilities and save lives of military and civilians. From now on, any person, startup or company will be able to submit their idea or product to BRAVE1 and receive a grant from the state. Thus, business will get opportunities for development, and military will receive winning technologies. Companies in the defence tech industry will receive organisational and expert support for their developments, as well as access to accelerators and incubators. It is about systematic work on improving developments, increasing knowledge, creating value for investors, and mentoring.
The cluster’s work is focused on five main areas:
- Invest: Provide grants to developers who meet the needs of the Security and Defence Forces;
- Invent: To help the Security and Defence Forces find effective technological solutions among Ukrainian developers;
- Platform: To create a platform that brings together all stakeholders in the sector;
- Showcase: Interacting with the Defence Forces, demonstrating developments and receiving feedback on their use;
- Boost: Provide comprehensive support to projects that meet the needs of the Security and Defence Forces.
Based on the information from Bukvy.