The University of Warsaw has started implementing activities under the programme entitled Warsaw University for Ukraine – support for refugees from Ukraine who arrived in Poland after 24.02.2022. The anticipated duration of the Program is until October 2023. Within this period, it is expected to provide support to at least 3000 Ukrainian citizens. As the target group are considered citizens of Ukraine from non-academic backgrounds who crossed the border with Poland after 24 February 2022.
The main objectives of the proposed activities are to support people from Ukraine in the following context:
- finding an individual path of professional development, according to preferences and skills,
- learning Polish,
- improving the financial independence of Ukrainian families,
- sustainable socio-economic development of Polish residents (including the largest national minority in Poland),
- development and social well-being,
- environmental integration with the local or industrial community,
- isolation prevention of young people and families, prevention of marginalization and crime.
In order to obtain these objectives, the Programme includes the following activities:
- language courses (Polish as a foreign language, English, Portuguese, French, Spanish, German, Italian);
- seminars on career planning;
- multigenerational adaptive city tours in Warsaw;
- workshops on psychological support, entrepreneurship, effective study skills;
- adaptation meetings for children and adolescents;
- experimental workshops;
- computer courses;
- webinars to support guardians, tutors and coaches who help children from Ukraine;
- legal support for migrants;
- intensive preparatory course for study or work in Poland;
- adaptation of competences of highly skilled migrants;
- open lectures combined with practical classes;
- supporting activities (final conference, support of Ukrainian people, translators, language assistance, IT support for the e-learning platform).
All activities within the Programme are free of charge for participants. Detailed information about the registration procedure is available here.