GERMANY, Bavaria: Bavarian Funding Programme for the Initiation of International Projects
- Funding: up to maximum EUR 10,000
- Deadline: 8 March (Approval period: 9 March 2022 to 31 December 2022)
The Bavarian Funding Programme for the Initiation of International Projects (BayIntAn) provides assistance for establishing and strengthening the scientific cooperation between scientists at Bavarian state and state-supported non-state universities and international research institutes. Bavaria’s State Ministry of Science and the Arts finances the funding programme. The objective of this programme is to further strengthen Bavaria as a centre for science and innovation by promoting international scientific cooperation. The prerequisite for being funded is that the planned cooperation must include at least one international partner.
The following expenditures for Bavarian scientists can be subsidized:
- Travel expenses (in case of airfare: Economy class) to and from the location of the project partner.
- The stay of Bavarian scientists belonging to the project team at the project partner’s premises. In such case, the maximum support is based on the fixed daily rate for overnight accommodations abroad per person in accordance with Bavaria’s Auslandsreisekostenverordnung (BayARV: Ordinance on Official Travel Abroad) and the applicable travel expense rates for abroad.
In exceptional cases, travel expenses from international project partners to the German project location can also be financed.
The following expenditures can not be subsidized:
- A supplementary fixed project fee
- Personnel expenses
- Standard basic equipment such as office materials or communication equipment
- Laboratory and data processing equipment
Other project-related material expenses (specific consumables, equipment, rent, conference attendance fees, etc.) can only be subsidized in exceptional cases.