American University Kyiv (AUK) is designed as a world-class private university based in Ukraine powered by Arizona State University. The AUK aims to deliver an American standard of excellence in higher education through the expanding portfolio of undergraduate, graduate, and lifelong learning programs. Prospective students will have the option of choosing between master’s and bachelor’s degree programs in IT, engineering, business and management, health sciences, architecture and design, and law. Starting in 2022 American University Kyiv will offer undergraduate, graduate, and lifelong learning programs in the areas of IT and business management. Powered by Arizona State University, AUK will also support pathways for dual degrees, accelerated master’s degrees, certificates, and immersion programs. Therefore, it will be possible to graduate with two internationally-recognized degrees from both Ukraine and the United States.
The first campus of American University Kyiv is located in the historic River Port Building in the heart of Kyiv and offers a state-of-the-art learning experience.
AUK Founding Rector is Dr. Roman Sheremeta, one of the most cited Ukrainian economists in the world. Dr. Sheremeta recognizes the standards of excellence in education needed for students to succeed in their careers and lives. He is steering the renovation and design of this state-of-the-art university campus, collaborating with ASU, industry leaders, and expert faculty.
- Video-address of the AUK founding rector Roman Sheremeta on American system of education
- Video-address of the AUK founding rector Roman Sheremeta: 2022 is the beginning of the AUK
- Roman Sheremeta Named 2019 Best 40 Under 40 Professor
- Forbes Ukraine: “Який вигляд матиме American University з бюджетом $33 млн і чому він не лише для багатих? Інтервʼю з його засновником Куртом Волкером“, by Денис Красніков, 14 December 2021
- Forbes Ukraine: “American University будує університет за $26 млн всередині річкового вокзалу. Скільки буде коштувати навчання і навіщо країні ще один виш“, by Олександр Куницький, 10 September 2021
- A Digital-First American-Style University For Ukraine, CINTANA Education
- Establishing the American University in Kyiv (AUK), Recording of the webinar organized by U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC), 14 December 2020