The school provides physics students enrolled at a Ukrainian university the opportunity to obtain first-hand research experience at a large international labor/atory. Students are invited for a 8 week training period – 16.07.2024-05.09.2024 – to DESY Hamburg or Zeuthen and experience research in one of the various fields pursued at DESY:
- Photon science
- Elementary particle physics & Accelerators
- Astroparticle physics
You will need to meet the following requirements to qualify for the school:
- You are a student enrolled at a Ukrainian university and have completed at least 3 years of university level studies by Summer 2024
- You have not obtained your masters degree by the time of the school
- Students of any nationality enrolled at a Ukrainian university are invited to apply
- Good knowledge of English (working language of the School)
- a guest allowance (salary approximately 1200 EUR per month)
- accommodation at DESY (Hostel)
- at least partial reimbursement of travel costs
Participants in the Ukraine School will have access to all events and resources of the 2024 DESY Summer School. In addition it is planned that there will be special events specifically tailored for the Ukraine School.
More information in Ukrainian.