The Academy of Finland announced a call for Ukrainian academics whose research activities have been affected by the Russian invasion. The funding within this call is available for research projects with high scientific and societal impact and includes travel costs, living expenses, as well as additional family allowance. The necessary research costs have to be additionally covered by external sources.
- 1 Feb 2023
- 28 Feb 2023, 16:15 Finnish time
- Funding period: 15 Apr 2023–31 Dec 2026
- Call objective: invite a Ukrainian researcher to conduct research in Finland
- Application eligibility: researcher currently located in Ukraine or had to relocate abroad due to the russian invasion
- Funding: a research visit for max. 24 months
- Funding amount: €43,500/year for an individual researcher or €57,000/year for a researcher with accompanying family members
The invited researcher has to hold a doctoral degree and be affiliated with a Ukrainian research institution, affected by the war. The scientific compatibility between the Finnish host and the invited Ukrainian academic is an integral part of the application. The application can be submitted by a host researcher, who is affiliated with a Finnish institution and holds a doctoral degree. By submitting the application, the host commits to assist the invited researcher with obtaining accommodation and workplace for the duration of the stay.
The application form and detailed information on the application process are available here.