With the thematic week “War in Ukraine – Scholarly Perspectives ” (February 22-24, 2023), the Volkswagen Foundation offers an opportunity to reflect on causes and perspectives of the war in Ukraine as well as to discuss consequences for the further development of those scientific disciplines which are scholarly engaged with the post-Soviet space.
The foundation invites applications for scientific symposia, which will be brought together in the thematic week. In addition to the program of funded symposia, there will also be joint slots for exchange between the participants of all symposia.
- areas of research: Humanities, Social Sciences
- type of funding: symposia at the conference center Herrenhausen Palace, Hannover
- eligible to apply: researchers at German universities and research institutions, possibly international co-applicants
- prerequisites: interdisciplinary, international context; active participation of both young and experienced researchers; adequate involvement of female researchers
- additional benefits: childcare expenses, support for event preparation