This seminar facilitated the exchange of experience in the field of cooperative study programs. It is anticipated that further development of cooperative study programs would open up new opportunities for students exchange and cooperation in practice-oriented study programs.
Background: Cooperative study in Bavaria combines studying at a University of Applied Sciences (UAS) with practical training in a company or institution. There are two models: academic study with intensive in-company training, or academic study combined with vocational training. By now, about 370 cooperative study pro- grams or cooperative study options with more than 1.750 partner companies are available in Bavaria. On the other hand, in Ukraine, cooperative study programs are a new phenomenon. The Ivan Franko National University of Lviv introduced a cooperative bachelor in “High Performance Computing” that includes practical training in partner companies as a regular part of the study. The partner companies are international enterprises of the Lviv IT Cluster where the working language is English. Project tasks and team work are further prac- tice-oriented elements of the cooperative bachelor.
This online-event was organized on 26 November 2021 by:
- BAYHOST (Bavarian Academic Center for Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe)
- hochschule dual, the umbrella brand for the cooperative study option in Bavaria. The network not only combines all the cooperative study courses in one centralised information platform, it also acts as a ser vice point for prospective students, universities of applied sciences and companies.
- Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
- The concept of cooperative study programs in Bavaria, Martina Bischoff, Public Relations and Marketing, hochschule dual – Bavarian network for cooperative study options
- Software Design at TH Aschaffenburg University of Applied Sciences, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Konrad Doll, Prof. Dr. Timea Illes-Seifert, Prof. Dr. Barbara Sprick, Faculty of Engineering, TH Aschaffenburg University of Applied Sciences
- International Co-operative Studies (I.C.S.) at University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt. Prof. Dr. Peter Braun, Dean of the Faculty of Computer Science and Business Information Systems, University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt