Within the THEA Ukraine project (October 2019 – September 2021), 32 Ukrainian Higher Education Administrators received training in the field of internationalisation in higher education and science management. The implementation of this project has provided material for a number of case study descriptions of projects undertaken in the THEA Ukraine framework, as well as general perspectives on internationalisation in higher education. Just published anthology covers both of these aspects: “The Internationalisation – Perspectives from the THEA Ukraine project and beyond” (ed. Petra Pistor).
Table of Contents:
Foreword: Petra Pistor
Perspectives on the internationalisation of higher education
- Higher education in Ukraine – recent history and current trends, Petra Pistor and Kostyantyn Kyrychenko
- The internationalisation of higher education in an asymmetric partnership – a challenge for the leadership of Ukrainian universities and experiences in solving the problem, Oleksandr Khyzhniak and Olena Muradyan
- Challenges in internationalisation for Ukrainian Higher Education Institutions, Olga Drachuk and Igor Lyman
- The UKRAINET – how this grassroots science diplomacy network fosters international academic cooperation with Ukraine, Oksana Seumenicht and Olga Garaschuk
Facettes of the internationalisation of higher education
- Linking strategy and action – how an Academic Scorecard can support the internationalisation of higher education institutions, Annika Boentert
- Joint Programmes – a practical perspective on selected aspects of quality, Ronny Heintze
- Internationalisation@Home – a concept and its realisation at FH Münster University of Applied Sciences, Evelyn Stocker
- Virtual internationalisation – how COIL and other models can support cross-border exchange, Alla Krasulia and Petra Pistor
- Measuring internationality and internationalisation – how to define a useful set of indicators, Annika Boentert and Andrea Rustemeyer
Projects for the internationalisation of higher education
- Strategic development for the internationalisation of higher education institutions – a case study from Ukraine, Larysa Kalachevska and Karolina Tkachenko
- Engaging faculty in internationalisation – the case of the Ukrainian Catholic University, Halyna Protsyk
- Internationalisation for student success – a case study of the development of a resource centre, Nataliia Kovalchuk
This book has been prepared in the framework of the Training for Higher Education Administrators in Ukraine (THEA Ukraine) project. The project has been implemented by the Wandelwerk. Centre for Quality Assurance and Enhancement of FH Münster University of Applied Sciences, Germany, in cooperation with the International Relations Department of Sumy State University, Ukraine.
Supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with financial support from the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.