The Ukrainian Institute of National Memory together with the Verein Bamberg:UA e.V. invites all interested people to participate in the online seminars within the project “German-Ukrainian Historical Dialogues”.
- Topic of the 1st seminar: Der Beginn des Zweiten Weltkriegs. Die Rolle der Kriegsparteien/ The Beginning of World War II. The Role of the Warring Parties
- Date: Saturday, 11 September 2021
- Time: 11:00 – 12:30 (Berlin); 12:00 – 13:30 (Kyiv)
- Language: German & Ukrainian (with translation)
- Dr. Wilfried Jilge is an Eastern European historian, research associate at the Robert Bosch Center for Central and Eastern European, Russian and Central Asian Studies of the German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP), where he specializes in modern history, domestic and foreign policy of Ukraine & Russia
- Prof. Ivan Patrylyak, Doctor of Historical Sciences (Kyiv), Professor, Dean of the Faculty of History of the National Taras Shevchenko University of Kyiv
During this seminar the speakers will focus on the discussion topics in the field of common historical memory of Ukraine and Germany. A 30-minute discussion session will conclude the seminar.
Register, to receive an access link to the online seminar.
*By registering, you agree to the processing of your data. The organizers will not to distribute the collected information in any way.
The project is aimed at all who are interested in the history of Eastern Europe and aims to increase the interest in the common topics of German-Ukrainian history. Moreover, it aims at stimulation of the discourse on these historical topics, strengthen the knowledge about Ukraine in Germany and promote the scientific and educational communication between the scholars of both countries.
The project is organized by the Ukrainian Institute of National Memory and the association “Bamberg: UA e.V.” and supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, the Umbrella Association of Ukrainian Organizations in Germany (Dachverband der Ukrainischen Organisationen in Deutschland), Freundschaft kennt keine Grenzen e.V. and the German-Ukrainian Academic Society e.V.