The call for the ERC Synergy Grants is opened.
- A group of 2 to max. 4 PIs – of which one will be designated as the corresponding PI (cPI) – working together and bringing different skills and resources to tackle ambitious research problems. No specific eligibility criteria regarding the academic training are foreseen for ERC Synergy Grants. PIs must present an early achievement track-record or a ten-year track-record, whichever is most appropriate.
- 1 PI per Synergy Grant group at any one time can be hosted or engaged by an institution outside of the EU or Associated Countries
- PIs can apply within the same host institution (HI) or through different HIs
Funding: a max. of € 10 million for a period of 6 years (pro rata for projects of shorter duration); with a possibility of additional € 4 million, which can be requested in the proposal in total to cover:
- eligible ‘start-up’ costs for PIs moving to the EU or an Associated Country from elsewhere as a consequence of receiving an ERC grant and/or
- the purchase of major equipment and/or
- access to large facilities