Application closing date for the 2021 Contest is Monday, 10 May 2021. We expect to inform the shortlisted finalists by the end of June 2021.
Apply by following these four steps:
- fill in the Application Form and
- enclose your CV (preferably as a single pdf document named “Your Surname”)
- fill in and sign a separate Consent Form
- and send your application to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility: We invite applications from PhD/MD students carrying out their research in any subject, from one or more following groups:
- Ukrainian PhD students carrying out their research outside of Ukraine (incl. exchange PhD students);
- PhD students, regardless of nationality, who are involved in a collaborative (e.g. German-Ukrainian or multi-lateral, including Ukraine) research project;
- PhD students, regardless of nationality, whose topic of research relates to Ukraine.
Please note: only those PhD students whose PhD defence/viva is planned after the PhD Contest Final date can be considered (i.e. candidates who have already defended or are expected to defend their PhD thesis prior to the PhD Contest Final are not eligible to apply). If you have questions or any doubts about your eligibility, please contact us at info (at) ukrainet.eu.
The Final will be carried out on Thursday, 16 September 2021 in Berlin, Germany within the framework of the Days of Ukraine in Berlin and Brandenburg (16-17 September 2021), accompanied by the Annual Meeting of the German-Ukrainian Academic Society (Die Deutsch-Ukrainische Akademische Gesellschaft e.V., DUAG). The PhD Contest judging panel will consist of researchers involved in international cooperation with partners in Ukraine, appointed by the board of the Society.
Successful candidates are invited to present their research as a 5-minute talk at the Final event on stage, and get a chance to win one of the three prizes (1st place: EUR 300, 2nd place: EUR 200, 3rd place: EUR 100) as well as add an extra credential to their CVs. The travel (up to 200 EUR) and stay in Berlin (up to 2 nights) is funded by the Society. For more information please read carefully the FAQs.
Please note: We are currently planning our meeting, including the PhD Contest Final, in the presence-format. If the pandemic situation will make it impossible to implement these plans, we intend to consider carrying out this event in a digital format. The finalists will be informed accordingly (we expect to be able to take this decision by the end of July).
Supporters: Nomad Bioscience GmbH and the Embassy of Ukraine in Germany
Contact: Head of the PhD Contest Organisation Committee Dr. Oksana Seumenicht, MDC/ DUAG (for any enquiries e-mail to info (at) ukrainet (dot) eu)