The Annual Meeting 2017 of the German-Ukrainian Academic Society will take place in Augsburg, Germany on Friday, 6 October 2017.
In addition to the member-only part of the meeting the event will include the PhD Thesis Presentation Contest 2017, organised for the second time in cooperation with the Embassy of Ukraine in Germany (for Q&As and the 2016 PhD Contest check this link). To register please visit the event web-site.
12:00 – 16:00 PART I (for members only), Annual Meeting of the German-Ukrainian Academic Society
16:00 – 21:00 PART II (open to all interested participants)
16:00 Networking coffee-break
17:00 Welcome remarks
- Prof. Yarema Okhrin, University of Augsburg, the Meeting Chair
- Mr. Dmytro Shevchenko, Consul, Consulate General of Ukraine in Munich
- Prof. Olga Garaschuk, University of Tübingen, the President of the German-Ukrainian Academic Society
17:30 – 18:15 Final of the 2017 PhD Thesis Presentation Contes
- Natalia Korniy, MSc/PhD Program “Molecular Biology“, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen: “Shedding light onto the black box of protein synthesis”
- Maryna Rabinovych, I.I.Mechnikov Odessa National University/ University of Hamburg: “The EU Free Trade Agreements as an Instrument of Promoting the Rule of Law in Eastern Neighbourhood”
- Martin Rohde, Leopold-Franzens-Universität, Innsbruck: “Shevchenko Scientific Society and the outline of Ukrainian national territory”
- Bohdan Tokarskyj, University of Cambridge: “The Poetry of Becoming: The Exploration of Self in Vasyl Stus’s Palimpsests”
- Ivan Vorotiahin, TU Darmstadt: “Flexoelectric Influence on Static and Dynamic Properties of Ferroelectric Films”
- Oleksandr Yagensky, International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Biology , Georg August University of Göttingen/ Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen: “Unraveling the Secrets of Alzheimer’s Disease”
18:15 – 19:15 Invited lecture & book presentation, with an introduction by Ms Oksana Huss, Inst. for the Advanced Study in the Humanities, Essen
- Prof. Oleh Havrylyshyn, Ottawa, Canada: “The Political Economy of Independent Ukraine: Late Starts, False Starts, and Last Chance?” (See the table of contents here)
19:15 – 19:30 Announcement of the winners of the PhD Presentation Contest 2017 and the Award ceremony
19:30 – 21:00 Networking reception
Participation is free-of charge, donations are welcomed.
We are grateful to the event supporters:
- Nomad Biosciences GmbH
- Global Business Management (Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Universität Augsburg)