The aim of this workshop is to facilitate networking between researchers in Ukraine and scientific diaspora, in order to
- Join efforts and establish long-term links;
- Foster knowledge exchange and intensify collaboration;
- Stimulate joint grant applications, in particular within the Horizon 2020;
- Engage scientific diaspora in evaluation process in Ukraine;
- Promote the development of innovations in Ukraine;
- Contribute to solving the challenges faced by the state and the society.
This workshop is organized on 15 May in Kyiv by the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) of Ukraine and is supported by the Horizon 2020 project “STI International Cooperation Network for EaP (Eastern Partnership) Countries Plus (EaP PLUS)” (https://www.eap-plus.eu). Working languages of the workshop: English and Ukrainian. Ukrainian scientists and scientists of Ukrainian origin living and working abroad (“scientific diaspora”), representatives of governmental organisations and NGOs, concerned with the development of science and the dissemination and use of research results, are invited to register here.
Ukrainian Scientific Diaspora members are also offered an opportunity to join a Database, which is currently being established within the framework of the EaP PLUS project by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, jointly with the NAS of Ukraine. You can do this by filling in the relevant field in the registration form for this workshop. Please also fill in the form if you cannot attend, but are interested to join the database and be involved in future activities, e.g.
- Support increased Ukrainian participation in H2020 with respect to joint applications;
- Expand your networking within the local scientific community, organise scientific exchanges and educational programs that build capacity and encourage innovation in both Ukraine and EU countries;
- Become an international peer reviewer for the national research grants in Ukraine (or other EaP country);
- Participate as an expert in evaluation of research institutes/ departments/ universities;
- Encourage other types of targeted cooperation between Ukraine and its scientific diaspora in the EU.