Project title: Internationalization of academic and non-academic staff 2020/2021
Submitted by: Olena Dudar, International Cooperation Office, Ternopil Ivan Puluj National Technical University (TNTU)
This project was implemented within the Training Course “Management of Internationalisation and German-Ukrainian Academic Cooperation 2020-2021”, led by the Leibniz University Hannover (LUH), funded by the DAAD (Germany), 2020-2021
- to raise the awareness of Internationalization among academic and non-academic staff
- to increase the number of English speaking lecturers
- to improve the level of English among administrative staff
- to increase the quality of education
- to improve the work with international students
- to widen the scientific and academic cooperation
- to exchange of best practices for the organisation of international work of the university
- to improve, broaden and deepen the academic curricula
- TNTU hosted the Vth International Scientific and Methodological Conference “Current issues of education of foreign students in Ukraine” (October 14-16, 2020). 120 participants from 5 countries had opportunity to discuss urgent issues of providing educational services at Ukrainian HEIs.
- There are 96 signed agreements (5 international agreements with HEIs + 5 international agreements with organizations and associations for students internships were signed in 2020-2021).
- Dynamics of TNTU position changes in the international rating of world universities: Ranking Web of Universities (Webometrics) (2020-2021) – 15 position in Ukraine and 3304 position in the world.
TNTU is among the leaders in Ukraine in the industry rankings of U-Multirank:
- Equipping university students and staff with language and intercultural competences is a basic prerequisite for the development of internationalization. Number of staff that received English language certificates of international standard till 2020 – 63 international certificates,in 2021 – 70 international certificates and 33 certificates of the TNTU Foreign Language Centre.
- Internationalization at the level of study programmes is a key part of the internationalization of higher education and can be implemented through the introduction of study programmes in a foreign language, the development of joint study programmes such as “joint”, “double degree” etc. In 2020 there were 8 Bachelor programmes and 9 Master programmes (English language of instruction) for international students in TNTU. There are 10 Bachelor programmes and 10 Master programmes (English language of instruction) now.
- Number of international students 1-3 educational and scientific degrees (BA, MA, PhD), Cisco centre, preparatory courses) – 401.
- In 2020-2021 four University professors, Doctors of Science, were invited as Visiting professors to the Lublin University of Technology (Poland).
- Despite COVID19 pandemic during 2020-2021, 7 TNTU lecturers realized their virtual internships at the Opole University of Technology (Poland), Krakow Economic University (Poland), University of Applied Sciences in Nysa (Poland); also participated in the international conference in Turkey (hosted in-person).
- International projects at TNTU:
- Two-steps: Internationalization in practice – Sweden, Ukraine and Belarus (Baltic University Programme January-December 2019);
- Internationalization of Academic and Non-academic staff 2020-2021 (DAAD 2019-2021);
- An interdisciplinary approach to waste management study: implementing the EU practices (Erasmus+, Jean Monnet Action 2020-2023);
- Extending NOTOCORD-Sense with behavioral analyzers to enable neuro-cardiovascular assessment in a cloud-based architecture (Horizon, Marie-Sklodowska Curie 2021-2024).