PhD THESIS PRESENTATION CONTEST 2019: Finalists have been announced
Thousands of students from Ukraine study and receive research training abroad. At the same time, the overall visibility of this talented next generation of scientists remains rather under-appreciated, both abroad and in Ukraine. There are also many PhD students who work on joint bi-lateral or international collaborative projects, or carry out research on topics related to Ukraine – e.g. its history, language, ecology, etc. Our PhD Thesis Presentation Contest aims to promote these young scientists and in doing so contribute to increasing the visibility of Ukrainian PhD students abroad and raising the profile of the international academic collaboration with Ukraine.
PhD students carrying out their research in any subject are eligible to apply for participation in this Contest. In particular we invite PhD students from one or more following groups to apply:
- Ukrainian PhD students studying abroad (incl. exchange PhD students);
- PhD students, regardless of nationality, who are involved in a collaborative (e.g. bi- or multi-lateral, including Ukraine as a partner) research project;
- PhD students, regardless of nationality, whose topic of research relates to Ukraine.
MD students are also eligible to apply.
Please note: only those PhD students whose PhD defense/ viva is planned after the PhD Contest Final date (19 September 2019) can be considered (i.e. candidates who have already defended or are expected to defend their PhD thesis prior to the PhD Contest Final are not eligible to apply). If you have questions or any doubts about your eligibility, please contact us: info (at) ukrainet.eu.
Successful candidates are invited to present their research as a 5-minute talk at the Final event on stage, and get a chance to win one of the three prizes (1st place: EUR 300, 2nd place: EUR 200, 3rd place: EUR 100) as well as add an extra credential to their CVs. The travel (up to 200 EUR) and stay in Tübingen (up to 2 nights) is funded by the Society. For more information please read carefully the FAQs.
- 2019: Nomad Bioscience GmbH and the Embassy of Ukraine in Germany.
- 2018: Nomad Bioscience GmbH and the Embassy of Ukraine in Germany.
- 2017: Nomad Bioscience GmbH, Global Business Management (Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät, Universität Augsburg) and the Embassy of Ukraine in Germany.
- 2016: Nomad Bioscience GmbH and the Embassy of Ukraine in Germany.