The Shevchenko Scientific Society in the USA will award grants in 2018-2019 for research on a wide range of topics and issues related to Ukrainian Studies.
While priorities are given to projects in the humanities and social sciences, proposals for research in other fields and disciplines are welcome if they will make important contributions to Ukrainian Studies. There will be only one granting cycle during 2018-2019, with all grant applications for Research Grants and Dissertation Research Grants due on February 1, 2019.
Eligibility limitations/requirements for Research Grants:
- open to scholars of all countries, disciplines, and ethnicities
- all research proposals will be judged on their scholarly merits, on the demonstrated experience and abilities of the applicant to carry out the proposed research, and on the nature of the contribution of the project to advancing scholarship on Ukraine-related issues and in Ukrainian Studies
- preference will be given to applications providing evidence of funds or application for funds for the project/activity from other sources
- if the applicant had a prior Research Grant from the Shevchenko Scientific Society, at least one year must pass after the completion of the grant before the applicant is eligible to apply for another grant
Individual grants are limited to a maximum amount of $5000, or $7,500 if there are two or more scholars supported by the grant.
Eligibility limitations/requirements for Dissertation Research Grants:
- open to graduate students of all countries, disciplines, and ethnicities
- applicants must be currently enrolled in universities or research institutes as aspiranty for Kandydat Nauk degrees or candidates in Ph.D. programs.
- all proposals will be judged on their scholarly merits, on the nature of the contribution of the project to advancing scholarship on Ukraine-related issues and in Ukrainian Studies, and on the proven ability of the applicant to effectively execute the project
The maximum amount of individual grant awards is $1000.
Deadline for submission:
- Only applications uploaded to the online application form must be received by the Shevchenko Scientific Society in the USA by February 1, 2019. Final decisions will be made by June 2019 so that projects could commence as early as the summer or fall of 2019
Required application materials and further information here.