Die Jahrestagung 2018 der Deutsch-Ukrainischen Akademischen Gesellschaft e.V. findet am 4.-5. Oktober 2018 in Dresden statt.
Щорічне засідання Німецько-Українського Академічного Товариства відбудеться 4-5 жовтня 2018 в Дрездені, Німеччина.
This event will be hosted by Prof. Gianaurelio Cuniberti, the Chair of Materials Science and Nanotechnology, TU Dresden, under the auspices of the Saxon State Ministry for Higher Education, Research and the Arts, and is supported by the Embassy of Ukraine in the Federal Republic of Germany and Nomad Bioscience GmbH.
THURSDAY, 4 October 2018 (15:00 – 21:00)
PART I, open to all interested participants
Venue: Chemistry building, room CHE/091/H, TU Dresden, Bergstrasse 66, 01069 Dresden
15:00 Registration/ Networking/ Coffee-break
17:30 Welcome remarks
- Mr Uwe GAUL, State Secretary, Saxon State Ministry for Higher Education, Research and the Arts
- Dr Iryna TYBINKA, Minister-Counsellor, Embassy of Ukraine in the Federal Republic of Germany
- Prof. Gianaurelio Cuniberti, the Chair of Materials Science and Nanotechnology, TU Dresden
- Prof. Olga Garaschuk, the President of the German-Ukrainian Academic Society
18:00 – 18:30 The FINAL of the 2018 PhD Thesis Presentation Contest (in English): each contestant will give a 5-min. presentation (In English). More information on this annual competition can be found here.
Chair: Dr Denys Makarov (HZDR), Head of the Contest Committee
- Anna Tyutyunnykova, OncoRay – National Center for Radiation Research in Oncology, Dresden, Germany: “Prostate cancer: kill the enemy with X-rays using its food supply”
- Oksana Lebedivna, National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy/ Yuchymenko Family Doctoral School, Kyiv, Ukraine: “Particularities of the historical evolution of ě in both the Southwestern and Northern groups of Ukrainian dialects”
- Vitalii Mutsenko, Institute for Multiphase Processes, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany: “Cryopreservation of mesenchymal stromal cells in suspension and within 3D tissue-engineered constructs”
- Olga Savchuk, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisbon, Portugal: “Intelligence for Power Grid: how Machine Learning can support Energy Transition”
- Mariia Terentieva, University of Cambridge, UK: “Internet as Public Self-Service Media: Exploring Digital Civil Society in Post-Maidan Ukraine”
- Magdalena Kalteiss, Leopold-Franzens-Universität Innsbruck/ Department of Slavonic Studies, Insbruck, Austria: „Infotainment Propaganda: The role of Russian TV Talk shows during the Ukraine conflict 2014” (could not attend the Final)
18:30 – 19:30 INVITED LECTURE (in German) by Prof. Jochen Fornasier (Goethe-Universität Frankfut/ Main, Germany), member of the Society “Spurensuche mit Hightech und Spaten: Deutsch-ukrainische Ausgrabungen in der antiken Stadt Olbia Pontike (Mykolajivska oblast)” (see our recent article about this exhiting long-standing research collaboration here)
19:30 – 19:45 Announcement of the winners of the PhD Presentation Contest 2018 and the Award Ceremony/ Photo
19:45 – 21:00 Networking Reception
FRIDAY, 5 October 2018 (9:00 – 13:00)
Part II: Annual Meeting of the members of the Society (closed event)
Venue: Seminar room #252 Zeunerbau (TU Dresden, George-Bähr-Straße 3, 01069 Dresden)
A satelite WORKSHOP on Grant Writing Skills will be offered to the PhD Contest finalists and early-career researchers from among the members of the Society (Friday, 5 October, afternoon – Saturday, 6 October, morning. Venue: Seminar room #115, HAL building (TU Dresden, Hallwachsstr. 3, 01069 Dresden). By invitation only.
2017: The first annual meeting of the German-Ukrainian Academic Society took place on 6 October 2017 in Augsburg, Germany. Program 2017 (download)