Ukraine will now have a National Research Fund, which will start its operations in 2019 with the main task to provide grant support for research and development on a competitive basis.
The relevant resolution was approved at the meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on July 4, 2018.The Regulations on the Fund has also been approved and it has been stipulated the number of its employees – 60 people.
The National Research Fund of Ukraine will work in the following areas:
- support of research and development activities;
- promotion of scientific cooperation, scientific mobility, in particular, scientific training of researchers, including abroad;
- development of the material and technical base for scientific research and development;
- development of research infrastructure;
- support for projects of young scientists;
- popularization of science