The International Advanced School on Magnonics 2018 (IASM’2018) builds upon the success of the previous events, held in St Margherita Ligure, Italy in 2012 (1st IASM) and in Exeter, UK in 2016 (2nd IASM). It will feature an overview of and introduction into cutting-edge research in this exciting research field. The programme will cover both fundamental and applied aspects of magnonics, interaction between spin waves and other types of waves with emphasis on the structural complexity.
Topics for the workshop include fundamental and applied aspects of magnonics, interaction between spin waves and other types of waves, theoretical and experimental approaches used in magnetization dynamics investigations:
- magnetization dynamics,
- nonlinear spin wave dynamics,
- spin wave dynamics in a complex magnetization textures,
- theory of spin waves and computational methods,
- spin waves and antiferromagnetism,
- spin-wave logic,
- artificial crystals for spin-waves and magnonic applications: magnonic crystals, quasicrystals, fractal structures,
- other related spin wave phenomena.